Affordable Painting practices environmentally safe painting! We are always working towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions, reversing global warming and recycling to avoid landfills.
Community Hazardous Waste Collection Center
- Accepts: Oil base paint, asbestos or other high hazardous materials.
- Location: Mesa Road, Building 565, UCSB.
- Hours: Sat, 9am-4pm / Sun 11am-3pm.
- Cost: FREE for households, more info call; 805.882.3602
ABOP Facility/Recycling Center
- Accepts: Anti-freeze, batteries, oil and water base paint.
- Location: 132 Nopalitos Way, Santa Barbara
- Hours: Mon-Sat, 9am-4pm
- Cost: FREE for households, more info call;805.963.1852
- Household Hazardous waste programs, recycling services and other programs.
It is illegal to dump paint, stains, varnishes, thinners, strippers, brush cleaners, other solvents, epoxies, glues sealants, wood preservatives, aerosol spray paints into storm drains. The same is true for sings, toilets, the trash, and disposal on the ground. Penalties for improper disposal are severe and induce fines, incarceration, and responsibility for clean-up costs. By disposing of hazardous paint waste properly through your local Hazardous Waste Collection Program, you can help protect our drinking water and aquatic life in our creeks and the ocean.
GET INFORMED, GET INVOLVED